- About Us
- Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW) in Scotland
- Phase 1 Habitat Surveys in Scotland
- Protected Species Scoping Surveys in Scotland
- Great Crested Newt Surveys in Scotland
- Bird Surveys in Scotland >
- Reptile Surveys in Scotland
- Bat Surveys in Scotland >
- Badger Surveys in Scotland
- Water Vole Surveys in Scotland
- Pine Marten Surveys in Scotland
- Red Squirrel Survey in Scotland
- Otter Survey in Scotland
- Camera Trapping in Scotland
- Other groups
- Contact Us
Wetland Bird Survey
This is a survey methodology designed to record birds of large inland waterbodies, rivers, estuaries and coasts during the winter period. It is based on surveys undertaken since 1947 by a network of volunteers and are it is now carried out at all major wetland sites in the UK.
This methodology is suitable for surveys of areas such as mudflats, sand bars or coastal areas which are proposed for development. This survey method would ensure that a population estimate and species list is available for each specific area within the study site.
A WeBS survey undertaken by the Wildlife Survey Unit would:
If you would like to commission us to undertake a Wetland Bird Survey please contact us.