- About Us
- Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW) in Scotland
- Phase 1 Habitat Surveys in Scotland
- Protected Species Scoping Surveys in Scotland
- Great Crested Newt Surveys in Scotland
- Bird Surveys in Scotland >
- Reptile Surveys in Scotland
- Badger Surveys in Scotland
- Water Vole Surveys in Scotland
- Pine Marten Surveys in Scotland
- Red Squirrel Survey in Scotland
- Otter Survey in Scotland
- Camera Trapping in Scotland
- Other groups
- Contact Us
Wintering Bird Survey
A Wintering Bird Survey is basically a survey undertaken during the winter period (October-March) to assess the species composition and the numbers present.
This survey is a specifically designed for sites which may hold species of conservation concern during the winter period. It is a three visit survey using the Common Bird Census methodology.
For winter surveys of coastal or wetland sites please see our Wetland Bird Survey page.